Model Description:2nd Floor Family Room
Creating fine homes that complement their neighbourhoods has become a Great Gulf trademark. Superior workmanship and architecturally designed streetscapes, together with industry-leading exterior designs and a full range of exterior colour combinations, are your assurance that you’ll enjoy your new home for years to come.
- 36 ft., 40 ft. and 50 ft. detached model types will be principally all-brick construction on the first and second floors, as per plan.
- Model types R3407 A&B, R3408 A, B, C & D, R3409 A&B and R3410 A&B will be principally clay brick construction on the first floor front, back and sides and vinyl siding on the second floor back and sides. Siding may be vinyl, aluminium or wood subject to Vendor’s specifications.
- Some sections of the house may be constructed of vinyl or aluminium siding, wood or stucco, subject to Vendor’s specifications.
- All soffits, fascias, eaves and down pipes are prefinished aluminium or vinyl at the option of the Vendor.
- Soldier coursing, brick arches, keystones and other masonry detailing as per elevation.
- Decorative pre-cast house numbers.
- Decorative shutters for windows where applicable.
- Quality self-sealing 25-year asphalt shingles.
- Weather-stripping on all exterior doors.
- Fibreglass dent resistant insulated front entry door with low-E glass insert and “steel-clad” side entry door, as per applicable plan.
- All sliding patio doors to be double-glazed, PVC, with Low-E glass.
- All windows are to be double-glazed, PVC, with Low-E glass. All operating windows are to be screened. All operable windows on the first and second floors will be casement throughout with decorative bars on the front elevation, as per plan.
- All basement windows to be sliders, double-glazed, PVC, with Low-E glass. Corrugated galvanized steel window wells may be required as per grading conditions.
- Entry area from garage to house to be unfinished.
- Garage door(s) with glass inserts as per plan.
- All garage walls to be completed to drywall and primed.
- Front, rear and side yards if applicable to be fully sodded.
- Poured concrete front door entry steps, as per grading and elevation.
- Precast concrete slab walkway to front entry.
- Exterior water tap installed in attached garage as per applicable plan and at rear of house.
- Basement to be poured concrete with a waterproofing protection system and weeping tiles where applicable.
- Vendor will provide a two-coat, double car width, asphalt driveway at a cost of $700.00 for all other detached homes on 36 ft., 40 ft. and 50 ft. lots (to be paid by Purchaser at time of closing). (Charge is for private portion of the driveway; Municipal portion of the driveway is Vendor’s responsibility). Driveway surface to be paved with base coat asphalt within eighteen 18) months of closing and the topcoat to be completed within the next calendar year. Vendor not responsible for minor settlement.
- Rough-in (3) three-piece plumbing in basement for future bathroom (drains only, no water lines).
By using only the highest quality materials and working with the industry’s most respected suppliers, Great Gulf is able to create truly superior designs that reflect the pride of home ownership.
- Custom finished kitchen cabinets with double stainless steel sink with single lever faucet and dishwasher opening.
- Extended upper cabinets on main floor of detached homes on 36 ft. (BR models only), 40 ft. and 50 ft. lots, as per applicable plan.
- Laminate counter tops for kitchen and vanity cabinet(s).
- Ducted range hood fan over stove.
- Rough-in plumbing and electrical for dishwasher.
- Heavy-duty wiring and receptacle for stove.
- Electrical outlets for fridge and at counter level for small appliances.
- Choice of custom quality finished cabinets and counter tops from Vendor’s samples.
- All bathroom(s) including ensuite to have a wall-mounted mirror and vanity cabinets with one top drawer, as per applicable model.
- Bathroom fixtures in white.
- Master ensuite bathroom in 36 ft., 40 ft. and 50 ft. detached homes (except models BR01 & R3407) to contain acrylic oval tub with ceramic tiled deck and skirt, as per applicable model.
- Ceramic tile around tub to be approximately 18” in height, including deck and tiled skirt.
- Ensuite bathroom in model R3407 to contain a standard tub only, as per plan.
- Master ensuite bathroom in 36 ft., 40 ft. and 50 ft. detached homes (except models BR01 & R3407) to contain a separate finished shower stall, as per applicable model. Walls and ceiling to be ceramic tile with pre-formed base or mosaic floor tile, as per applicable model.
- Shower stall in master ensuite to come equipped with an overhead waterproof light, as per applicable model.
- Three (3)-piece bathroom fixtures in master ensuites and additional bathroom(s) are to be in white.
Note: It is understood there is no separate shower stall and bathtub in (3) piece bathrooms.
- Choice of ceramic wall tile for main bathtub enclosure walls and shower walls (as per applicable model) from our wide selection of colours and styles.
- All bathtubs are acrylic, as per applicable plan.
- Exhaust fans in all bathrooms.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Single lever faucets on all sinks except laundry tub.
- Temperature control valves in all showers.
- Chrome towel bar and toilet paper dispenser in all bathrooms.
- Main floor powder room to contain a pedestal sink and toilet in white with wall-mounted mirror.
- Shut off valves for all sinks.
- All water lines to be polyethylene tubing throughout.
- Insulated side entry door as per applicable model.
- Second floor laundry room equipped with floor drain, as per applicable model.
- Laundry room to have a base cabinet with built-in single compartment laundry tub, as per applicable model.
- Plumbing for automatic washer.
- Dryer vent and heavy-duty wiring and outlet.
FINISHING DETAILS / INTERIOR TRIM
- 36 ft. (BR models only), 40 ft. and 50 ft. model types to have natural finish oak stairs, railings with metal support and oak pickets on main floor staircase to second floor as per plan.
- R3407, R3408, R3409 and R3410 model types to have natural finish oak railings with metal support and oak pickets on main staircases to second floor as per plan.
- Classique style doors and colonial trim on all interior doors.
- 36 ft. , 40 ft. and 50 ft. model types to have 2” colonial casings on all windows and doors.
- R3407, R3408, R3409 & R3410 model types to have standard 2” colonial casings on all windows and doors.
- 36 ft., 40 ft. and 50 ft. detached model types to have 4” colonial baseboards (with quarter–round in tiled area).
- R3407, R3408, R3409 & R3410 model types to have standard 3” colonial baseboards(with quarter-round in tiled areas).
- Detached homes designated as 36 ft. (BR models only), 40 ft. and 50 ft. model types to have approx. 9 ft. ceiling heights on the main floor, except where precluded by bulkheads.
- Detached homes designated as 36 ft. R3407, R3408, R3409 and R3410 model types to have approx. 8 ft. ceiling heights on main and second floor, except where precluded by bulkheads.
- All closets to have wire shelving.
- Fireplace as per applicable plan shall be a heat circulating direct-vented gas fireplace with 8” stone surround. Fireplaces are as per applicable model only.
- Premium satin chrome finish coloured hardware on all interior and exterior doors. Dead bolt on side door entry where applicable.
- Exterior satin chrome finish grip set with dead bolt on main entry door.
- Exterior cast aluminium coach lights on front elevation, as per plan.
- 100 amp. electrical service.
- Copper electrical wiring throughout.
- Electric light fixtures provided in all rooms except living room, as per applicable plan.
- Two exterior waterproof electrical outlet: one (1) at the rear of the house and one (1) in the porch area.
- Mechanical fan in all washrooms as per plan.
- White decora plugs and switches throughout. Except model types R3407, R3408, R3409 and R3410 to have standard plugs and switches throughout.
- Electrical outlet for future garage door opener(s). One outlet for each garage door
- Electronic smoke detectors hard wired into the electrical system, one on each floor, including basement.
- Electronic combination smoke detector / carbon monoxide detector hard wired into the electrical system in upper hallway.
- Rough-in vacuum system, location as per builder’s specifications.
- Door chimes to be installed.
- Rough-in security as per Vendor’s specifications (wires to all open windows and doors on main floor only).
- Rough-in electrical for dishwasher.
- Rough-in cable for TV in family room, den, master bedroom and computer loft, as per plan.
- Pre-wire for telephone as per Vendors’ specifications (one in kitchen, family room, all bedrooms, study and computer loft).
HEATING, AIR CONDITIONING & INSULATION
- Direct vent gas-fired high-efficiency forced air furnace installed. Power vented hot water tank on a rental basis.
Note: Furnace location may vary from plan.
- Installation of a simplified Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) connected to the basement cold air return.
- Heating ducts are sized for future addition of air conditioning.
- Exterior walls to be 2” x 6” with R22 rated insulation.
- Attic insulation to be R50.
- R12 insulation to be installed to within approximately 8” above the basement slab in the basement area. Note: Basement walls are not strapped.
- Spray foam insulation to garage ceiling below any habitable space above.
- One (1) washable paint colour throughout the house.
- Sprayed stippled ceiling with smooth border in all rooms except kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room.
- High performance engineered flooring system “I” – joists.
- Ceramic floor tile approximately 12” x 12” in foyer, kitchen/breakfast area, main floor laundry areas and all bathrooms, as per applicable model.
- 36 ft. (BR models only), 40 ft. and 50 ft. model types to have prefinished oak strip hardwood in natural finish in all areas of the main floor, except as shown as ceramic tile, as per plan
- Hardwood flooring to be installed perpendicular to the floor joists.
- 36 ft. (BR models only), 40 ft. and 50 ft. model types to have 36 oz. broadloom in all areas of the second floor, except as shown as ceramic tile, as per plan. Includes one (1) colour choice, as per plan.
- R3407, R3408, R3409 & R3410 model types to have 36 oz. broadloom in all areas of the main and second floors (including stairs), except as shown as ceramic tile, as per plan. Includes one (1) colour choice as per plan, except the family room, which can be other colour choice.
Your New Great Gulf home is guaranteed against major structural defects for up to 7 years.
ALL ITEMS SHOWN ARE AS PER APPLICABLE MODEL. All materials and other selections for which the Purchaser is entitled to make a selection are to be chosen from Vendor’s samples and are as per Vendor’s specifications. All materials are subject to change without notice. E.& O.E. All plans and specifications are approximate. Actual usable floor space varies from stated floor area